Mercy Centre - Pimlico Campus
Learn more about how to access our Pimlico Campus
A new era for Mater
From Tuesday, 24 March 2020, the entrance of the Mater Private Hospital Townsville Pimlico Campus, will be relocating to coincide with the opening of the $52 million Mercy Centre.
The centre will features a new Queensland X-Ray facility, digital operating theatres and a specialist day surgery unit.
150 car parks will become available at the front of the new building, in addition to a new drop off/pick up zone, making it safer and more convenient for our patients and visitors.
Travelleing to our Pimlico Campus
- Visitors are encouraged to park in the allocated parking at the front of the Mercy Centre.
- Visitors who are parked along Fulham Road are asked to enter the Mercy Centre by walking along Diprose Street and turn right onto Lothair Street.
- When walking, please follow safety signs and remember to Stop, Look, Listen and Think.
Drive or drop off:
- If driving, the preferred car parking location for visitors is the front of the Mercy Centre. • There is additional Mater Private Hospital parking along Dirpose Street.
- On and off street parking is limited along Fulham Road, so please abide by council signage.
- Drop off zone is at the front of the Mercy Centre.
Taxi and rideshare:
- Taxi zone is now located at the front of the Mercy Centre (Lothair Street).
- Rideshare zone will be located at the front of the drop off/pick up lane at adjacent to the Mercy Centre.
- Private courtesy buses will drop off and pick up in the drop off/ pick up zone.
- Contact Townsville Taxis for more information.
- Townsville Sunbus operates seven days a week.
- The primary bus stops for Mater are located on Park Street.
- Visitors are encouraged to walk along Fulham Road, turning right into Diprose Street and then right onto Lothair Street.
- Visit the Sunbus website for the most up to date timetable.
People with a disability:
- Unaccompanied visitors seeking assistance can contact reception to arrange assistance from our dedicated support staff.
- People with wheelchairs can use the designated disabled car parks. (Refer to map)
- Dedicated accessibility zone for drop off/pick up zone.
- Call our Patient Services Team for more information.